AREAS OF INTEREST
Krista’s training and experience have primarily focused on working with youth and adults who, due to challenges with learning, attention and social skills, have had difficulty achieving their potential. As a psychologist, she provides thoughtful and comprehensive psychoeducational assessments including learning assessments. This helps clients understand how they learn, process information and how they can help themselves achieve their goals. By the end of the learning assessment process, her clients become more confident in the services they received, understand their unique learning profile, and know what next steps to take to improve their quality of life. Moreover, Krista has a passion for working with youth and adults, ages 6 and up, who have learning disabilities, ADHD and Autism.
When not in the office, Krista enjoys cross-country mountain biking, hiking with her family, listening to music, and meditating.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s of Education degree in School and Applied Child Psychology, from the University of Calgary.
- Worked in partnership with pediatricians and psychiatrists to assess and treat individuals with ADHD.
- Conducted comprehensive learning assessment to identify learning disabilities, giftedness, intellectual disabilities and Autism.
- Facilitated intervention groups for:
- Adults with ADHD
- Children and their parents to learn self-regulation skills
- Children who have challenges with social skills and self-regulation
- Supervised Master’s and Doctorate practicum and internship students
- Creator and host of the CanLearn Society podcast Inside ADHD
- Collaborated with researchers from the Owerko Centre to create the Brain Child podcast.
- Former Lead Psychologist at CanLearn Society.
- Current member of the Learning Disabilities & ADHD Network, Calgary Region
- Current member of the Psychologists’ Association of Alberta Social Justice Committee